I was in third grade when I first suffered the discomfort brought by sore eyes. It feels like there was a pebble strolling inside my eye. It was an itchy feeling and at the same it also hurts. The most annoying thing about it, even how itchy it is you must not scratch your eye for it will aggravate the infection(according to my mother).
I dealt with sore eyes for more than a week. I was also oblige to wear shades every time I go out of the house, which cool thing for me by the way because I feel like I was Cyclopes from the movie X-Men. But it was not really that cool though if you have sore eyes. I have to isolate my self for the sake of others. That means it was more than a week of being alone, and that made me very ill.
Now, I came up on sharing an idea on how to prevent sore eyes and some remedies for this illness that you can actually do at home.
So here are the 5 Home Remedies for Sore Eyes:
- Splashing cold water in to your eyes. It can actually make your eyes numb for a while,relieving you from itchiness.
- Apply slices of cucumber. Cucumber is good for our eyes, it can heal any soreness and irritation of our eyes.
- Use Rose Water. Rose water is a flavored water made by steeping rose petals in water. Dip a piece of a clean cotton in the rose water and gently caress it over your close eyelids. You can even drop a few amount of rose water into your eyes.
- Applying tea bags. Tea bags has bioflavonoids, which are helpful for fighting various bacteria and infections.
- Use pieces of potato. Putting a piece of grated potato in to your eyes can help reduce any sort of eye inflammation. Apply pieces of potato into your eyes for 15 minutes and repeat this process for at least three nights.
“Prevention is better than cure”, that is what they say. That is why, better do these things to prevent you from acquiring Sore Eyes:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water.
- Do not touch your eyes and face without washing your hands.
- Do not share towels, eyeglasses/ shades and make up.
- Do not reuse handkerchiefs (using a tissue is best).
- Used make-up must be thrown away if the patient has been diagnosed with infectious conjunctivitis.
- Be careful that tips of eye drops or ointments do not touch the eyes or eyelashes.
- Disinfect surfaces, doorknobs, counters, elevator buttons, hand rails with dilute bleach solution.
- Clothes, towels, pillow cases and anything else which may have come in contact with an infected person should be washed.
I know how it feels like to acquire such virus like Sore Eyes. Having this kind of virus will make you look like a zombie, not just because your eyes are red, but people will literally treat you like one. People will stay away from you and you too must stay away from them. You’ll be isolated and you will be alone.
Hope that my blog will help you dealing with sore eyes. Thank you!!
Retrieved December 17, 2016 from https://us.discovericl.com/blog/10-home-remedies-for-sore-eyes
Retrieved December 17, 2016 from http://www.coolbuster.net/2009/03/sore-eyes-tips-how-to-prevent-and-treat.html
Retrieved December 17, 2016 from